Resolving Internet Connection IssuesUpdated a day ago
To resolve the issue you're experiencing, please follow the step-by-step instructions below:
1. Remove the device from your Mango Power account within the application:
- Open the Mango Power application on your phone.
- Navigate to the device settings or preferences.
- Find the option to remove or delete the device from your account.
- Confirm the removal.
2. Remove the device from the APP and your list of known Bluetooth connections:
- Access the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
- Find the list of paired devices.
- Locate the device associated with Mango Device and select "Forget" or "Remove" to delete it from the list.
3. Allow all application permissions when prompted (Critical):
- Once the installation is complete, open the Mango Power application.
- When prompted, grant all necessary permissions for the app to function properly.
- This may include access to location, storage, or other device features.
4. Log into the application using your credentials:
- Enter your Mango Power account credentials (username and password).
- If you don't have an account, follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
5. Add the device via Bluetooth within the Phone Settings Page. (*recommended)
6. Add the device via Bluetooth within the APP
- Within the Mango Power application, press add device.
- Follow the instructions to add the device via Bluetooth.
- Ensure the device is in pairing mode and within range of your phone.
- The Bluetooth light on the app will light up. If not, please repeat steps 5 & 6.
7. Connect the device to your home network:
- Once the device is successfully added via Bluetooth, proceed to connect it to your home network.
- Follow the on-screen instructions within the Mango Power application to complete the network setup.
To increase the success rate of your network setup, we kindly recommend following these steps:
1. Split your Wi-Fi networks:
- Access your router's settings through a web browser on your device.
- Look for the option to split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks into separate SSIDs (network names).
- Enable the split and assign different names to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.
- Save the changes and wait for your router to reboot.
2. Forget your home network connections for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz:
- Go to your phone's Wi-Fi settings.
- Find your home network for the 2.4GHz frequency.
- Tap on the network name and select "Forget" or "Remove" to delete it.
- Repeat the same process for your home network on the 5GHz frequency.
3. Reconnect to your home Wi-Fi network using the 2.4GHz frequency only:
- Access your phone's Wi-Fi settings.
- Locate your home network for the 2.4GHz frequency.
- Tap on the network name and enter the password if prompted.
- Wait for your phone to establish a connection to the network.